gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: Monet Update

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: Monet Update
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:30:20 +1000

Marcelo Yassunori Matuda <address@hidden> wrote:
> But there are kinds of differences that would not be solved with a
> unified tree. GnuSpeechCLI and GnuTTSServer (OSX) are not the same
> program.

True, although based on the discussion last week, I think the intention was to
investigate building the speech server daemon under GNU/Linux, with the
principal question being whether the distributed object APIs were available,
and sufficiently compatible, to make this possible.

My main concern about having two trees is the extra maintenance burden for the
developers, hence the question raised.

Thank you to all who are working on this project.