gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Bringing OSX state to GNUStep

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Bringing OSX state to GNUStep
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:51:58 -0800

Hi Felipe,

On Mar 5, 2011, at 5:59 AM, Felipe Castro wrote:

Hi David,

I'd like to contribute with the "porting" to GNUStep, let's see if I have some success in helping here.

Great! Thank you.

Or, to start with, you could simply bring the GNU/Linux-GNUStep version up to the current Mac OS X standard. That would be a good start. This is a topic about which I should very much like to hear from Marcelo Matuda, who did all the work on the current GNUStep version.

So, looking at some ported parts, I noticed that there's almost no changes in the code in many files.

Some Apps simply transfer and compile with a single click. GNUStep and xcode/IB are highly compatible.

The Synthesizer in OSX doesn't have a GNUMakefile, is this normal? In Monet I found it, and could easily compare the state of them (see the attached diff). Well, I'll try to start from Monet, then.

Xcode code doesn't (need to) use makefile.

Warm regards.

david

-------