gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Ubuntu Exceptions

From: fmiller
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Ubuntu Exceptions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:54:29 -0600

Only the Art backend is installed. And the exceptions occur when I try to open up either of the Synthesizer windows (Tools/Synthesizer Window, Tools/Synthesizer Parameters, and they also occur when I click on any of the tabs in the Posture Editor window or the Rule Tester window etc. (even with no postures to edit, I can at least open the window).
I need to add that it's a newer version of the objective-c runtime:
gobjc version 4.6.
There's a comment in
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/include/objc/runtime.h
that suggests where the problem lies:
/*
This file declares the "modern" GNU Objective-C Runtime API.
Include this file to use it.
This API is replacing the "traditional" GNU Objective-C Runtime API
(declared in objc/objc-api.h) which is the one supported by older
versions of the GNU Objective-C Runtime.  The "modern" API is very
similar to the API used by the modern Apple/NeXT runtime.
Because the two APIs have some conflicting definitions (in
particular, Method and Category are defined differently) you should
include either objc/objc-api.h (to use the traditional GNU
Objective-C Runtime API) or objc/runtime.h (to use the modern GNU
Objective-C Runtime API), but not both.
*/ For the sake of experiment, I tried adding
|---
#import <objc/objc-api.h>
---| in the the headers in the Extensions directory, but that just gave me errors telling me that I can't include both objc/objc-api.h and objc/runtime.h. It's likely there's a commandline switch for gcc that will cause it to use "traditional" and deprecated 'includes'; maybe that would work. But that won't work forever.

welcome to the twenty-first century
everything changes
[rising intonation] all the time

I've just installed gcc-doc.
I've got library books that need to be returned in a couple of weeks.
I've got a science-fiction novel loaned to me by a friend who wants it back someday. This is a lot more fun than watching tv and doing sudoku!

fred_m

Marcelo Matuda writes:
Hi Fred, Which backend are you using? Art or Cairo? With the Art backend Monet is ok. The error messages probably indicate features that are not implemented. Marcelo