gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] minor typo in .../Monet/MSynthesisController.h

From: fmiller
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] minor typo in .../Monet/MSynthesisController.h
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:34:54 -0600

Marcelo Matuda writes:
Hi Fred,
Mi Marcelo,
here's one error I got when installing:
|---
MSynthesisController.m:457:2: warning: @interface of class MTextToPhone not
found [enabled by default]
---|
...stuff left out...
here's what I found:
|---
.../Monet$ grep MTextToPhone MSynthesisController.h
@class TRMSynthesizer, MTextToPhone;
      MTextToPhone * textToPhone;
---|
looks like a typo.

Yes, it is a typo.
But it is a warning, not an error.

so it is.
so, edit typo:
|---
s/ MTextToPhone/ MMTextToPhone/
this one seems important

s/ * textToPhone/ *textToPhone/
---|

In Debian unstable (64-bit) this crash doesn't happen. I need to test
on Debian 32-bit... Marcelo

This excerpt from /usr/include/GNUstep/Foundation/NSXMLParser.h might be relevant:
|---
/**
* This class is a PRE-ALPHA implementation.  You should be prepared to
* track down and fix bugs and preferably contribute fixes back.<br />
* If you don't want to do that, use the [GSXMLParser] class instead ...
* This NSXMLParser class is implemented as a wrapper round some of the
* functionality of the more powerful GSXML APIs, and is intended as a
* MacOSX compatibility feature.
* <p>
---|
libgnustep-base-dev Version: 1.22.1-4 it's the same version in wheezy and sid for what it's worth, GSXMLParser is declared in /usr/include/GNUstep/GNUstepBase/GSXML.h
But it takes more than a simple substitution to make that change work.
Besides which, compatability is a good thing to strive for. so much to learn: intonation (recently, I met someone who did a dissertation on intonation in Edinburgh in 1991...concatenating diphones! that just sounds like a nightmare when I stop to think about it) object oriented delegates and messages Thanks to everyone on this project. For years, my debain box was just a big bulky mp3 player and all I tended to do was "aptitude update; aptitude upgrade" every now and then. bit by bit stuff almost starts to make sense

fred_m