gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Precompiled manuals and applications for Gnuspeech +

From: David Hill
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Precompiled manuals and applications for Gnuspeech ++
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:56:39 -0700

Hi everyone,

I will remind you of the release of gnuspeech. It is in the "Download Area" of the gnuspeech project on the savannah site:

savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech

To make the ported Gnuspeech software more available, I have also put precompiled .pdf manuals and precompiled Macintosh OS X applications TRAcT and Monet on my university web site:

pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~hill

in the "Gnuspeech material section (clickable from the left-hand menu).

The manuals there are "precompiled" because they only exist as .Tex files on the savannah site inside the gnuspeech-0.9  tarball in the "Download Area":

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuspeech/gnuspeech-0.9.tar.gz

The Mac versions of the applications are precompiled because only the source code is on the savannah site. Compiling the Monet source for the Macintosh in the above tarball involves a few catches, the biggest one may be that you don't compile Monet.xcodeproject, you compile GnuSpeech.xcworkspace, which is two directories higher up. Also, you have to make reasonable choices in the build parameters, which is not hard. TRAcT is pretty straightforward to compile using Macintosh xcode. Both could do with some finishing and polishing.

The Monet compilation is for OX X 10.10.x, because that is the latest, most complete version. TRAcT will run on pretty well any relatively recent OS X -- certainly from 10.6 upwards.

Those who want, and are competent to deal with either kind of source, can go to the savannah site.

gnuspeechsa which is a less complete synthesis/editing system, but which still is useful for synthetic speech, is in the other tarball in the "Download Area":

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuspeech/gnuspeechsa-0.1.5.tar.gz

and is compiled using CMake and your choice of C++ compiler.

Happy Hacking!

All good wishes.

david
--------
David Hill
address@hidden
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuspeech/
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech
https://savannah.gnu.org/users/davidhill
--------
Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures  (Tao Te Ching #67)
---------