Re: Next release of GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Next release of GNUstep
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:54:36 -0700

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> I think that we should rediscuss the release plan for the next GNUstep
> release. According to the current plan the release for the base packages
> and the gui will be at different dates. But than someone with the new
> make and base package wont be able to compile his/her old GUI release.
> So I think that we should try to make those release at about the same
> date.

I don't see this problem. There may be some temporary confusion as we
work out the new packaging scheme. After that I would hope to release
some sort of interim release of gui and xgps that would sync everything
up. Since make and base are supposed to be stable, I would expect that
it would be rare that there would be an incompatibility between them and
the gui/xpgs libraries.

> On the other hand will the proposed release date for the GUI and backend
> packages determine how much changes can go into them. I don't think that

We should reorganize the task list. I liked Nicola's list of tasks. Then
we can concentrate on a release schedule (perhaps more often than we
currently make releases).