Re: Font support

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Font support
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:48:28 -0600

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Up to now, I did not get any response at my Xft font support for
GNUstep. This can either be caused by all of you also disliking AA
fonts, or our X system is not capable of using Xft or it is still to
complicate to install. As I cannot help the first two, I am thinking

Well I'm still in rpm hell trying to install 4.1. I suppose I could compile it from scratch, but I was trying to keep my system as pure as possible (there's probably some moral story here :-)

If nobody opposes, I would add the changes and supply Adam with a test
for Xft, that could be added to configure. I still don't understand how
configure works and I don't have any interest in learning it.

Sounds great. I swear I'll get to it eventually.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it