Re: Makefiles and RPMs

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Makefiles and RPMs
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:56:59 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi,
>
> long ago I integrated a simple RPM creation build target in ProjectCenter,
> based on the respective Makefile target. I haven't looked at this issue
> for a long time, but now it seems to be broken/gone. Can anybody give me
> a pointer where I can find mor information about that particular
> feature?

Have a look into

core/make/rpm.make

there should a long comment at the beginning, with full description of
which variables you can/should set, and how to use it.

If you added a 'rpm' target, you might be interested in adding the 'dist'
target (builds a .tar.gz with the sources) and the 'cvs-snapshot' target
(builds a .tar.gz from the sources, by performing a CVS export) as well.
(see core/make/source-distribution.make).