GUI, Things to fix.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: GUI, Things to fix.
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:49:51 -0700

Someone sent an email about some bugs in the text classes (attached). If anyone has time :-), it would be nice to fix these before the next release.

Also, I think the font problem that people are having is a serious issue. It's possible that we may need to revert to the previous behavior until we can clean up the graphics handling more generally. Any comments?

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you

Another issue is the Tab key. It does not work correctly.  Things
which can occur:

1) There is an extra space in front of the cursor (which dissapears
spontaniously)
2) The tab appears when you start typing the text (behaviour like the
Enter key)

Also, using <SHIFT> arrows to select text does not work (but that has
probably something to do with not being able to copy/paste text into
text related gui components) Selecting text with the mouse does work.

Another problem is the following. This mail is typed in GNUMail. When
I resize the window, so that a scrollbar appears on the left side, and
I scroll down the text area, the text at the end of the area gets all
garbled. (You see the last line twice or an "after image"
appears). This is also the case when you are reading a mail sent to
you. Scrolling the text area to the bottom results in garbled lines.

Finally, the HOME key works incorrectly. END works ok, it gets you to
the end of a line. But HOME brings you to the beginning of the text
area. And PageUp, PageDown don't work