Localizing the backend

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Localizing the backend
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:20:53 +0200

Hi,

I've recently changed the .nfont package format to (hopefully) support
all parts of GNUstep font handling (there's a spec of sorts at
http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/GNUspec/nfont_packages.txt).

This includes localized font display names, and some should be
automatically localized (common stuff like "Bold", "Italic", ...; see
the spec for details). To do this, I need a Localizable.strings for the
backend.

It would be easy to hard-code rules to update the .strings files using
make_strings, but it would be even better if -make could handle it
automagically :). What's the status of localizing strings for bundles?

- Alexander Malmberg