GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:27:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

last year (2002) GNUstep had a very succesful developer meeting at Fosdem.
Most GNUstep developers gathered and met at Fosdem.  It was the first time
we did so, and it was definitely great.

It would be very nice to repeat the event.

I know we (GNUstep developers) could simply give each other an appointment
at Fosdem 2003, but I think it would be nice to have some sort of more
'official' organization.

Anyone from gnustep-dev interested in organizing the GNUstep meeting and
getting in contact with the Fosdem organizers to fit it into the bigger
Fosdem picture ?

I will definitely attend and, if we need some planned conferences as an
occasion to aggregate and meet, I can volunteer to speak/talk as needed.
I quite like talking. :-)

I think Richard Frith-Macdonald will attend too, but I'm afraid as far as
I know Adam Fedor won't be physically there (even if maybe we could
experiment with webcams to try have him `virtually' there at the internal
developer meeting ;-).

I suspect many other important developers/fans/supporters/lurkers (too
long a list to list all them here) would attend if we organize such a
meeting, as many already did past year, and showed a lot of interest in
coming back again.

I wish we had not only internal (gnustep-developer) conferences, but also
at least one occasion to talk about GNUstep to a wider public.  Given the
widespread availability of Apple Mac OS X (and the interest it raises),
the topic of portability between GNUstep and Cocoa OS X might be a very
interesting topic for a public conference at Fosdem.