gnustep-make on OSX

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: gnustep-make on OSX
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:54:54 +0000 (GMT)

Adam,

I'm finally back in Italy with the Apple, and I tried gnustep-make on an
Apple system, and it seems to work! ... I installed it into my home dir,
and used the local makefiles to build (which is quite a simple procedure
actually).

I only needed to fix a few flags.  I think it was supposed to, but in
practice it wasn't setting the -framework flags properly when building
with nx-nx-nx library-combo.  I've also dropped old NeXTstep stuff.

I've seen you've done something to compile gnustep-base's Additions on OSX
... but not looked at it.

What I want to do is have any reasonably standard GNUmakefile of a GNUstep
project compile natively on OSX to build native OSX application /
frameworks / bundles from the same source code.

There is a particular trick which I have in mind to get there ... which is
that library.make will actually build frameworks on OSX ... but I need to
experiment with this.  :-)