Re: UserDefaults for -back

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: UserDefaults for -back
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:56:17 -0600

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 01:47 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:27:05 -0400
Jeff Teunissen <address@hidden> wrote:
"Chris B. Vetter" wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the difference between GSAppOwnsMiniwindow
and UseWindowMakerIcons.
GSAppOwnsMiniwindow is for miniwindows (not app icons). If it's YES or
absent, GNUstep handles miniaturization itself -- and doesn't let the
window manager do it. If it's NO, the window manager is allowed to do
its own iconification. This does not affect app icons at all.
UseWindowMakerIcons is for app icons, and has no effect when the
window manager isn't Window Maker. It displays the application's icon
window in the window Window Maker provides instead of creating one
controlled by the app. This allows the icon to be docked.

Ah! Thanks, that explanation makes much more sense than what you can
find on DefaultSummary, so maybe this should be added to, or maybe even
replace, the description.

Unfortunately, that also means that there is no way that a window
manager can _completely_ handle appicons/miniwindows, for example if the
shape of icons is different (eg. like the ones created by ol(v)wm)

I can look into that. It shouldn't be that hard.