Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:51:01 -0600

On Jul 12, 2004, at 2:15 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

+
+       * Documentation/Back/Standards.txt: New EWMH file.
+

Hi Adam,

I just noticed that you added this great file, which also explains how GNustep interacts with its own Window Managers. For the EWMH part I have a few additions:

_NET_WM_PID and _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE are already implemented in the way you suggest.

For _NET_WM_NAME and _NET_WM_ICON_NAME never looke dthat useful to me. We already have XSetWMName and XSetWMIconName, but for UTF 8 strings there may be a difference.

Thanks. I'll update the file. I think I wanted WM_NAME, etc because of the UTF8 strings, but I'll have to check again.