Re: Release Aug 28

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Release Aug 28
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:45:14 +0100 (BST)

> > Sorry - just to clarify things further and prevent confusion before it
> > happens - this wrong identification of --target with GNUSTEP_HOST is
> > used
> > in other places (eg, when installing the compiled internal gnustep-make
> > tools), so a patch would need to fix those too.  It's not just this
> > specific bit, there seem to be a general mis-management of the --host
> > and
> > --target variables in gnustep-make's ./configure.
> >

> Since it's clearly wrong, It would be nice to get it in before the
> release and document it - if there is any time. But it would have to be
> done in the next day or two.
>
> Given the time limitations, we may want to wait - I plan on making a
> fairly quick follow on release after this, perhaps in less than a
> month.

Good. :-)

I had a quick look at it, I was willing to do it before the release but
then there are quite a lot of changes to the configure.ac file to make and
we need to think about them carefully and test them (else we won't be
fixing much but only adding more confusion), it sounds tricky to do in a
hurry and I have to go away for the weekend, so my vote would be for doing
it after the release - unless you are interested in doing it yourself now,
which of course would be fine for me.

Thanks