Re: LPR printing backend and missing ppd:s

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: LPR printing backend and missing ppd:s
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:39:42 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:
On Aug 29, 2004, at 4:39 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:
[snip]
but I need a suitable ppd. I found one here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Generic- PostScript_Printer

which seems to work ok. However, it's GPL:d, not LGPL:d. Can we include it anyway? (License certainly isn't any worse than the license on the ppd:s we used to include, but still...)

GPL is fine. Only stuff that actually goes into the library needs to be LGPL.

OK. This is now in cvs, so apps that use NSPrint* work fine again in a default non-CUPS install (in particular, TextEdit should no longer give you a ton of exceptions when you create a new document).

- Alexander Malmberg