Autogsdoc miscellany

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Autogsdoc miscellany
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:25:10 -0400

Hi,

I wanted to throw a couple of questions out to the group:

1.
Changing autogsdoc to accept .c files (currently it refuses to parse these) makes it easier to generate docs for gdomap (a plain C GNUstep tool), and might come in handy in user projects where a mixture of C and Objective C is used. Since C is a subset of Objective C, autogsdoc should work fine on it, parsing special comments for functions, structs, etc. if they exist. Any reason not to enable this? (It's a 1-line change, and for now, I would NOT enable .cpp/.C/.etc..)

2.
Currently 'make' for gsdoc projects installs EVERYTHING in the autogsdoc output directory on a "make install". This includes gsdoc (XML source) and igsdoc (index) files, and auxiliary files generated by gnustep-make, in addition to the actual HTML. The gsdoc and igsdoc have conceivable utility: someone might want to process the XML into some other format, and the igsdoc can be used (by autogsdoc) to update links in the HTML if this is needed. But both of these are rare-use cases at best. In interests of reducing clutter and disk usage, would anyone object to adding an "install-doc-src" option to gsdoc make projects, which is NOT set by default?

thanks,
Adrian