Re: OpenStep anniversary

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: OpenStep anniversary
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:00:53 +0100

On 2004-10-18 15:36:52 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

> Citát Nicolas Roard <address@hidden>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of the OpenStep specification release.
>> I think that it could be interesting to prepare stories for news sites
>> about it (and about GNUstep, of course :-)
>> Ideas ?
>>

> In addition to an article, we can declare and release GNUstep 1.0 as an open
> successor to the OpenStep - multiplatform API.
>
> What do you say?

Well, I think it would be nice, but I'm not sure we can bump up the number like
that.. ?

Regarding the article, I think we need:
- a part about OpenStep, history, etc.
- GNUstep's history (with emphasis on the recent progresses, obviously..)
- Presentation of GNUstep possibilities

While keeping things not too long. We can perhaps have a medium-length article
hosted on gnustep.org,
and a short sumary to submit to websites ?
Sadly I doubt I'll have the time this evening to do much, but it could be good
to reuse the marketing documents
and some articles.
Here is the booklet and the brochure (marketing):
http://www.roard.com/gnustep/GNUstep-brochure.pdf
http://www.roard.com/gnustep/Booklet.pdf
And here is an article I wrote with fabien that presents GNUstep and that has a
bit of history in it:
http://www.roard.com/docs/lmf1.article/

--
Nicolas Roard