Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:44:01 +0100

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 18:39, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2005, at 17:35, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > So is C/C++, so perhaps you can convince the people pushing ObjC++
> > that your argument is valid.  We have already tried that without luck.
>
> I don't understand what you are saying. For one you seem to agree with
> me that one shall not break others code and even push that opionion
> towards ObjC++ guys, but at the same time this is done by C/C++
> contributors to ObjC.
> That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Will you stop accusing everyone of breaking ObjC?  This is *not* what
happened.  The ObjC front end itself was broken, and not by changes to
the C/C++ front end, it was broken well before and it just happened to
work.

It is like driving in a car with a broken steering wheel.  At one point
there will be a turn and you will run off the road.  That's not because
the turn in the road should not have been there, you should just have
your car fixed.

In this case the car is the ObjC front end, and it was not fixed before
GCC took a turn.

Gr.
Steven