Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

From: Robert Dewar
Subject: Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:31:55 -0500

Patrick McFarland wrote:

But GCC isn't a commercial venture. It is an open source project. We (the open source community) don't have deadlines, we don't need to worry about making money. All we need to do is worry that our software isn't the absolute best that we can produce.

And if GCC ships with broken Objective-C, it is not the absolute best.

But it new versions do not ship on a reasonable schedule, then it is
also not the absolute best. What if no one steps up and fixes Objective-C.
Does that mean no more gcc releases? How does that help anyone?

It seems to me we need less grumbling about Objective-C being broken,
and more constructive help to fix it!