Re: Patch to fix view rotation and hitTest:

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Patch to fix view rotation and hitTest:
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:53:58 -0500

On Mar 11, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:

This patch will remove translation information from _frameMatrix
and will only create _frameMatrix when the frame is rotated
and manually prepending the translation and prepend rotation
only if _frameMatrix isn't nil (rotated).

I've tested this patch with gsimageapp's diagramkit (my local tree)
and it looks OK
though, I am not sure.. actually.. I'll never be. Please revise it for me OK?

FWIW I tried this out running a variety of standard drawing and DPS-using apps that _DON'T_ use rotation (as far as I know) with no ill effects, either in Art or Xlib.

But, I noticed there is no test suite for GUI or Back, unlike for Base. Is this correct, or am I not looking in the right place? There are a few scraps of code lying around in various places, e.g. Alexander Malmberg's DPSTest. Maybe we can start gathering these up and check them in somewhere?