Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:07:51 +0100

On 2005-03-30 00:03:47 +0100 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

I did search a bit on Microsofts MSDN page and found the following:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0500/c/default.aspx

They call it a voodoo trick to turn of task bar display and I would expect most voodoo stuff to be a lot simpler than this. Just a bit of black rooster and a few candles and all that. But this may be the way to go for Windows.

Horribly complex though ... Making windows be child windows means we need to keep track of their parents ... rather like the mess that is X, but controlling the parent window ourselves rather than having a window manager do it.

I tried the other suggestion I read .... of just making windows owned by another window by passing the handle of the other window as an argument to the create window call ... but it didn't work for me (perhaps I did something wrong).