register_printf_function problem in NSString

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: register_printf_function problem in NSString
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 18:02:50 +0200

Hi,

when I try to link an ObjC tool with libgst (GNU Smalltalk library) my
program segfaults after the line 448 in NSString.m with failure of
register_printf_function. The function gives some strange return value -
neither 0 nor -1. The failure happens on first message send to a GNUstep
class, in my case it is NSAutoreleasePool. Plain ObjC tool without
GNUstep classes does work just fine. Any hints what I should look at to
find the exact problem? Looks like some conflict after linking...

Btw. is it ok to use @"a string" inside NSString +initialize (argument
to NSException)? Would not it be better to use fprintf and no
NSException?

Regards,

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi