Re: Objective-C++ in GCC 4.1

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Objective-C++ in GCC 4.1
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:49:43 +0200

David Lázaro Saz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm reviewing some of the docs of the makefile package and noticed  the
> Objective-C++ question.  According to <http://gcc.gnu.org/
> onlinedocs/gcc/G_002b_002b-and-GCC.html#G_002b_002b-and-GCC> GCC 4.1  is
> coming with Objective-C++ support.  Should I add a notice and a  link to
> that, or it's better to wait and test it?
>
> I think that adding a notice would be nice.

It would be nice if people who have a little experience in the woes and
pitfalls of installing/using mainline gcc could join in testing
Objective-C and Objective-C++.  Note that structural changes affect C,
ObjC, C++ and ObjC++ and things could have broke esp. on uncommon platforms.

Personally, I've only had the time to bootstrap and run the gcc test
suite.  I haven't tried building GNUstep yet.

I don't think it would be helpful for users to start sending mail to us
if gcc is broke.  So if we are going to announce anything we should make
sure to indicate that they should follow the bug reporting guidelines if
the find issues.

Cheers,
David