Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv a

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment was not called
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:42:06 +0200

Jürgen Lorenz Simon wrote:

> I did some further investigation on the topic and have some more
> information.  For starters,
> I've compiled a binary version on Suse 9.1 using gcc 3.3 and  got it to
> run (at least parts of it)
> under Suse 9.0 using the gcc 3.1 libs. However, gdl2 bails out, so its
> no use to me.

Could you please describe the problem? Sorry from your mail it is more
or less clear what you want to achive, but not what goes wrong.

> Also, I've been making sure that the environment variable passed to the
> NSProcessInfo
> method initializeWith..... are non-null and correct.
>
> Suse 9.1 is not an option on the machine in question, since the support
> for another piece of
> important software running there is bound to 9.0.

Ok, you cannot upgrade the machine, but why don't you compile GNUstep
and your application locally on SuSE 9.0? That way you could eliminate
one possible source of errors. Next you need to inspect the result of
the base configure run. There GNUstep states which way of getting the
process arguments it's going to use.

Up to now all problem with process arguments turned out to be either
configuration errors or mismatches between the gui and the base library.
No idea why this shows up at that place.

Fred