Notification once a minute - for a clock...

From: Jiva DeVoe
Subject: Notification once a minute - for a clock...
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:06:16 -0500

So I'm sorta hacking on WildMenus this weekend, and have implemented a primitive clock in the menubar... I'm wondering what's the best way to get my clock to redraw once a minute?  Obviously the menu code itself gets linked into each application, so having 20 applications all launching their own little background timers to update the menubar clock sounds kinda cruddy.  What would be the best way to do this?  I imagine some kind of NSNotification but that also seems cruddy.

(ps: For those who want said functionality - I have been sending patches to Michael Hanni, the WildMenus maintainer, so look for a release from him eventually.)

--

Jiva DeVoe

http://www.devoesquared.com

PowerCard - Intuitive Project Management for Mac OS X