Re: GNUstep ROADMAP

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: GNUstep ROADMAP
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:21:17 +0100

Citát Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden>:

> On 28 Nov 2005, at 09:17, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
>
> > How difficult it would be to hack autogsdoc objective-c parser to
> > parse GNUstep
> > sources and generate a list of unimplemented methods (either marked
> > as not
> > implemented or being only in @interface)? Simple html table (with
> > css):
> >
> > | Class | Method | Description |
>
> Easy to get the parser to recognise empty implementations ... but
> what to do about it is not clear.

Put on the webpage: "development wanted".

> I like the idea though.
>
> How about ... if the parser could warn about empty implementations,
> so we know when something needs doing, and if no documentation
> comment is provided for the method, it could generate standard stuff
> about the method not being implemented yet (in the place where is
> currently generates the 'documentation forthcoming' message.

It can be good for documentation where target would be GNUstep-core developers.
However, for GNUstep users (developers of gnustep frameworks or applications)
it would be a noise in the documentation. On the other hand, it can serve as a
signal for developers that are willing to contribute...

> Generally, if a class is abstract/semi-abstract then subclasses are
> supposed to override methods ... so an empty implementation here
> could be quite OK ... but we could get the parser to check to see if
> it has seen the <override-subclass /> markup in the comment for the
> method, and accept an empty implementation as OK in that case.

Sounds good.

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi