Re: Status of move to subversion?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Status of move to subversion?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:36:31 +0100

Le 29 janv. 06 à 07:53, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

Following the instructions to check out the GNUstep source at gna.org (https://gna.org/svn/?group=gnustep)

I get ...

  svn: URL 'svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/trunk' doesn't exist

and for anonymous access ...

  svn: URL 'svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/trunk' doesn't exist

Did the move yesterday go wrong or get abandoned?

No, but the layout used by GNUstep repository doesn't include a root 'trunk' directory (unlike usual SVN repository layout)… we should ask GNA people whether they could tweak this page to have more accurate instructions specific to our case.

You may type 'svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/', but this will checkout everything (I mean every branches, tags etc.)

You can do 'svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules' to checkout only:
- core/<whatever>/trunk
- dev-apps/<whatever>/trunk
- dev-libs/<whatever>/trunk
- tests/<whatever>/trunk
- usr-apps/<whatever>/trunk

You may checkout just one module also… to take an example 'svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules/core' allows to checkout 'core' module alone (it will include gui/trunk, base/trunk, make/ trunk and various files in 'core' itself).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
address@hidden