Re: Subversion problems on windows

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: Subversion problems on windows
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:38:06 -0600

Derek Zhou wrote:
Andrew Ruder <address@hidden> writes:

Yes.  The svn:eol-native property needs to be removed from the files.  I
can do this, but I am curious which data files it is messing up?   But
if none of the files need this property (I was under the impression it
was standard operation with CVS), I will go through and remove them all.

Yes, remove them all! All sane editors under windows can cope with unix
style LF automatically anyway. I don't think anybody here is using
notepad or vc.net, right?

Derek

I disagree.  The svn:eol-native property is good!  It also keeps the CR characters out when new commits are done.  Just don't set that property on non-ascii files.