Re: RSS feed for GNUstep SVN repository?

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: Re: RSS feed for GNUstep SVN repository?
Date: 29 Mar 2006 12:42:29 -0800

Andrew Ruder <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:05:44AM -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:
> > svn's revision number is incremented for every commit to the whole
> > repository. So how does one find out the next real commit to a specific
> > project, (like base, make)? I guess I can make a script to increment
> > my local revision one by one and parse the svn output to find out if
> > things are really changed or not; this just doesn't sound very
> > elegent.
>
> There are many ways to do this.  For example,
>
> svn log http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base --limit 5
>
> would show the last 5 commits under /libs/base.  Something like
>
> svn info http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base
>
> gives two important pieces of information.
>
> a.) The current global revision number
> b.) The last revision that had a change to a file/directory under this
> path.
Thanks. But the problem is, I don't want last (wrt. the HEAD) commit
or last n commits, I want _next_ (wrt. my current tree revision) commit.

> It would be quite trivial to whip up a perl script which checks for
> newer revisions via svn info and then goes through the svn log command
> for the information.  Keep in mind that a lot of svn commands have a
> --xml argument to dump out xml if you'd prefer that.
I've already got a script that increments the revision one by one and
parse the svn output to find out if it was real commit or not. I was
wondering if there is a better way to do it.