Re: Nib compatibility progress

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Nib compatibility progress
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:17:56 +0100

On 5/12/06, Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:
This is indeed looking pretty good -- aside from some layout spacing
issues mainly on the right, almost perfect in fact.  Are  connections
working as well?

Likely this layout spacing is caused by the fact that Cocoa widgets
have  a "border"
-- to have the shadow, etc., while GNUstep widgets do not. I guess the
solution would
be to either recompute the layout to accomodate that difference, or to
change the
way GNUstep widgets are drawn so they too use a border. The second option is
more work, and will impact existing GNUstep applications too.
Although including this border will also be helpful for our own
GNUstep themes, and
we don't have that much applications that redoing the ui (particularly
with Gorm) would
be too long...

Also, just out of curiosity, what is that terminal application
running in the background on the GNUstep shot?  It looks like a
GNUstep app, but as far as I recall Terminal.app was not able to
display a white background?

Looks to me like an xterm compiled with nextaw, the xaw implementation
that looks
like the NeXT ui..

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly