Debug as default...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Debug as default...
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:40:50 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Andy Ruder suggested this and I agree with it.  I believe that we should make
building with debug symbols the default in GNUstep.  This would allow distros
to strip them, if they want, but would allow people who are building from
source to be able to provide backtraces without having to do anything special.

If you really want a stripped version, you could simply say "make stripped=yes"
or something like that to get a version compiled without debug and with
optimization turned on.

I'm mentioning this again in order to start a discussion on the pros/cons of
doing this.

Later, GJC
--Gregory Casamento