Re: gnustep release numbers

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: gnustep release numbers
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:23:04 +0200

On Oct 4, 2006, at 13:30, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
Still less than ideal because we have no stable version but an improvement over the current situation which makes it hard to distinguish dev snapshots from final releases.
I don't think we have a policy of making unstable releases ... so all releases are stable.

As far as I'm concerned all GNUstep releases are in fact unstable because they always change the ABI. But we discussed / outlined in a long thread a while ago.

Note: by 'unstable' I don't mean that the code itself is buggy but that the ABI is unstable.

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess