Re: Problem with r24204

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Problem with r24204
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:54:16 +0100

On 15.12.2006, at 11:53, David Ayers wrote:

Marcus Müller schrieb:

since upgrading to gnustep-base r24204 I have encountered a serious
problem with my app - I get the following backtrace:

[...]

I've just updated and recompiled everything to r24204 (which did break
binary compatibility) and the test suite passes and my GSWeb apps also
work fine for me.

Maybe you just need to recompile due the ABI change.  If not, what are
the results of the base test suite?

I'd check with ldd to make sure that you only have one version of -base
linked against your application and any frameworks/libraries you are using.

I now had the time to check everything and it turned out, that this particular problem has nothing to do with r24204, sorry about that. In fact it was an issue with +initialize being defined in a category, which didn't pose a problem using the Apple runtime, but hit us using the GNU runtime.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--

Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)

Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com

Current projects: http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/znek/