RE: (no subject)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:24:07 +0100 (CET)

Yup ... I see what you mean.  I did a quick search on the internet
and found that NSUserDirectory returns /Network/Users with
the Network domain mask, /Users with the User domain mask, and
nothing with the other ones.

Hmmm.

Interpreted in this way, 'NSUserDirectory' is not very useful as a concept,
because eg in Unix systems users can have their directory anywhere on disk.
While most "normal" users will have /home/xxx as their home directories, that's
not necessarily always the case (just think of root).

Anyway I suppose in our implementation we just let people specify in their
filesystem layout a 'location of user home directories' (by default, /home),
store it in all the various config files, and have it returned for the
combination
of NSUserDirectory/LocalDomain ?

Do we need to bother with a different location for the network domain, or
with a different location for each domain ?

Thanks