Re: Problem with gnustep trunk

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with gnustep trunk
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:24:40 +0000

On 14 Mar 2007, at 13:05, Nicola Pero wrote:

Well, bytes value is "février" (in iso-8859-1 I think) and comes from

[NSString stringWithUTF8String: nl_langinfo (MON_1+1)]

Maybe we need to use nl_langinfo(CODESET) instead of UTF-8 to interpret the bytes ?
(no idea, didn't have time to really look up the doc)

Yes ... I already did a quick hack to use the default C-string encoding ... on the grounds that it's usually (though not always) going to be the same as nl_langinfo(CODESET).

A more correct solution would be to use nl_langinfo(CODESET) and map that to a gnustep encoding and then use that encoding ... I just haven't had time to look further into that yet.