Re: NSAnimation...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: NSAnimation...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

Xavier,

The "static INLINE" really isn't beneficial, since the function is only used as
a function pointer by NSArray to sort it's contents.

The only time that the compiler can do some optimization is when the function
is called directly.  The compiler will replace the call with the instructions
for that function and eliminate the function call from the resulting machine
code and then proceed to optimize that along with the surrounding code.   But
that can't happen here, since the function is referred to by a pointer.   The
compiler can't know at compile-time if the function pointer will change, so no
optimization can be done anyway.

I agree that it's a bug in GCC 4.1.1, but we should still try to keep it
working on GCC 4.1.1, if we can.

Later, GJC
--
Gregory Casamento