Re: amd64 and libffi

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: amd64 and libffi
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:57:42 +0100

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:12:34 -0500
Hubert Chathi <address@hidden> wrote:
HC >| ffcall doesn't seem to play well with the NX bit,
HC >| apparently.)

I've got a problem few monthes ago. here is my mail on this:
<<
For the records, after 3 days of investigations, I found the problem:
One should do a su before ffcall 1.10 configure

In config.h, you should have

/* CL_MPROTECT */
/* Define if you have the mprotect() function. */
#define HAVE_MPROTECT 1
/* Define if you have a working mprotect() function. */
#define HAVE_WORKING_MPROTECT

/* CL_CODEEXEC */
/* Define if code in malloc'ed memory is executable. */
/* #undef CODE_EXECUTABLE */

for Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5120
with flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm (nx is the
point, afaik).

Manuel