Re: GNUstep-make and C++ projects...

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep-make and C++ projects...
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 00:30:47 +0100 (CET)

>> It would be nice if gnustep-make was to automatically do all of
>> this.  Not that sure how to decide when to use C++ linking (is it
>> when only CC_FILES are non-empty and all the other xxx_FILES are
>> empty ?) and how to best automate it.  Suggestions from C++ users
>> are welcome.
>
> Wouldn't it be whenever CC_OBJS or OBJCC_OBJS is non-empty?

Yes - good suggestion - I implemented it in trunk. :-)

Thanks

PS: The variables used to specify C++ and ObjC++ flags in gnustep-make are
currently called CCFLAGS and OBJCCFLAGS (eg, ADDITIONAL_CCFLAGS, etc), not
CXXFLAGS
and OBJCXXFLAGS.  Not sure why.  If CXXFLAGS and OBJCXXFLAGS are more
"natural" to C++ developers, we could set up a new terminology I guess;
it would also be nice to be consistent with the new CXX variable used for the
C++
compiler (I couldn't use CC there since it's already in use for the C/ObjC
compiler). ;-)