Re: GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny

From: Hubert Chathi
Subject: Re: GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 13:53:14 -0400

Adam Fedor wrote:

> After discussion with the FSF, we've been given the go-ahead to revert
> the libraries back to LGPL v2 or later (tools and applications will
> not change) until we can get all issues with other libraries resolved.

> I will make a point release of the current stable release (and
> probably the unstable releases), so you can at least use those and
> keep all the applications compliant.  If the stars align and everyone
> agrees I'll try to branch a new stable release in the next week as
> well.

That is excellent news!  Thank you to everyone who made that possible.

It looks like it's pretty much decided then that (pending approval from
the Debian Release Managers), Debian Lenny will have either the latest
unstable release, or the new stable release.

--
Hubert Chathi - Email/Jabber: address@hidden - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)