Re: New icns loading code

From: Mathew Eis
Subject: Re: New icns loading code
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:36:59 -0700

Hi all,

Just to clarify, libicns is currently already licensed as LGPLv2.1
(See the individual GPL summary in each source file) - the other, and
only parts that are GPLv2 or GPLv2+ only are the utility programs,
icns2png, png2icns, etc. (I may not be able to get these changed; will
that be a problem?) So, I think we are 90% there already. (On which
note, is there something in the documentation that indicated the
library was not LGPL?)

There should be no problem adding the "or later" clause. Is there some
reason to move backwards to the LGPLv2.0 (with the later clause)? My
understanding is that there is little difference between the 2.0 and
2.1 versions as far as overall GPL compatability.

Take care,

-Mathew Eis