Re: Commit r27569

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Commit r27569
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:43:00 -0800 (PST)

Wolfgang,

"Apple's implementation apparently doesn't change the menu items' states when -setAutoEnable: is called (with whatever argument), so I think we shouldn't bother either."

Thanks for your input and verifying the behavior on Mac OS X.  Given what you've said, my change is definitely wrong.

I'll review the change I made and see if there's a better way to approach the problem.

The issue I was having is that I am trying to get the menus in an NSPopUpButton instance to be enabled when loading from a nib.   It might be better to set autoenable to NO and explicitly enable them in initWithCoder: instead of doing this.

Thanks, :)
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer