Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27827 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSToolba

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27827 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSToolbar.m
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:56:00 +0100

Gregory Casamento wrote:
> Author: gcasa
> Date: Tue Feb 10 02:21:07 2009
> New Revision: 27827

> Log:
>       * Source/NSToolbar.m: (-windowDidUpdate:): Automatically update
>       the toolbar on every window update.  This makes sure that
>       no matter what window an event happens in the toolbar gets
>       properly updated for ALL windows.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSToolbar.m

The code you removed claims to avoid a call cycle. Did you make sure
that this protection is no longer needed?

 if (!_inside || _validating || [[NSApp currentEvent] type] ==
NSMouseMoved)
     return;
   // _validating permits in the case the UI/window is refreshed by a
validation to
   // avoid have windowDidUpdate called, which would cause a loop like
that :
   // validate -> view update -> windowDidUpdate -> validate etc.

I might well be that it was never needed at all, we just need to make
sure things don't get worse through our improvements.