Re: In-window menus

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: In-window menus
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:45:59 -0600

This looks fine on Ink.

And I'm agree with you about menus that don't jump around windows. But
(this is just an idea) I would like a method as -setCanShowMenuBar:.
This, I think, will be useful in apps that don't have a window when
start (like ProjectCenter, PRICE, DBModeler, Thematic...). With this,
the developer can launch a window in -applicationDidFinishLaunching:, to
place the menu when the style is NSWindows95InterfaceStyle. And set
others windows with setCanShowMenuBar to NO, to don't let these get the
menu. This is to me more consistently, instead GNUstep trying to guess
where place the menu. Of course, this is just an idea to solve the
problem of apps that don't have a window when start. But I do not know
what others think.