Re: Google Summer of Code 2010

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2010
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:41:06 +0100

Am 02.03.2010 um 22:03 schrieb Fred Kiefer:

Markus trolled a bit

Ah, I tried to find out what's wrong with participating in SoC. So I did, thanks for the answers.

and attracted at least two replies.

What I didn't find out yet is, where the burden of being a mentor comes from. Looking at the Mentor Organization Participant Agreement <http://code.google.com/soc/2008/mentor_step1.html>, the only work beyond normal day-to-day etiquette is writing a final evaluation. In case a student comes along with a ton of questions, mailing lists are the perfect place to handle them. No additional mentor work needed other than to point the student(s) to the right list.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/