Re: [Windows] : gnustep-base

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: [Windows] : gnustep-base
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:36:14 +0100

>> And my final issue is about Install directory because everything is
>> installed in /GNUstep/Local ...
>> but I want it to be in /GNUstep/System.
>> HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT ?
>
> You could use installation-domains.conf but it is currently broken on
> Windows.  I think I know
> how to fix it but need a hour or so to do it properly (else I'll cause
> more problems
> than I fix as the issue is subtle).  Probably won't happen until the
> weekend then :-(
>
> You can still install it in System manually.  Give it a try --
>
> cd core/base
>   ./configure --with-installation-domain=SYSTEM
>   make
>   make install GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=SYSTEM

Ok thanks it almost work, I cannot do make because I have the following
warning:

$ make
This is gnustep-make 2.2.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:15: "Error: GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN
does not match GNUSTEP_BASE_DOMAIN"
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:16: " "
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:17: "You can install gnustep-base in one
of the four domains: SYSTEM, LOCAL, NETWORK or USER."
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:18: " "
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:19: "gnustep-base was configured to be
installed into: SYSTEM"
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:20: "but it would now being installed
into: LOCAL"
Source/pathconfig/pathconfig.mak:21: "That's not right: they must match."

So I suppose you wanted to write:

./configure --with-installation-domain=SYSTEM
make GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=SYSTEM
make install GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=SYSTEM

Actually I am asking to change default install dir because
this is how it's done with current windows installer.
But maybe it's perfectly fine to install it inside c:/.../GNUstep/Local ?
Is someone has some opinion about that, speak loudly.