Re: Problem with Gorm and GDL2

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Problem with Gorm and GDL2
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:50:37 +0200

Hello Germán,

Am Mittwoch, den 24.03.2010, 18:59 -0600 schrieb Germán Arias:
> I have GDL2 palette in Gorm, but when I start Gorm I get the error:
>
>      objc runtime: cannot find class GDL2KVCNSObject
>
> and Gorm crash.

Could you please open a bug report for this?

I currently don't have a setup to test this myself.

In GDL2 we had infrastructure in place to insure that our KVC categories
had precedence to those in the GNU and NeXT runtimes.

I /believe/ (but haven't checked) that the libobjc2 runtime may not
support those techniques based on Categories in method lists.

Richard was so kind to attempt to work around based on classes with the
goal that this works with all runtimes.  So please state which runtime
you are using.

The class is implemented in EOControl/EOKeyValueCoding.m. It is a root
class.  Maybe something in Gorm or in the runtime you are using is the
reason why the class cannot be found.

You can assign the bug to GDL2 for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if
it is a runtime bug related to the fact that this is a root class.

Cheers,
David

--
David Ayers - Team Austria