Re: make hello

From: Elim Qiu
Subject: Re: make hello
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:57:00 -0600

Yes. I found the problem was more tough than I thought. I actually
couldn't build base on ubuntu 10.04!

address@hidden:/home/elim/Projects/Gnu/core/base# make
This is gnustep-make 2.4.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for
help.
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/common.make:856: WARNING: Your
PATH may not be set up correctly !
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/common.make:857: Please try again
after adding "/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools" to your path
Making all in Source ...
rm -f dynamic-load.h
cp simple-load.h dynamic-load.h
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs .
mv ../Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/config.h .
touch ./config.h
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs ./GNUstepBase
mv ../Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h ./GNUstepBase
touch ./GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h
Making all in ObjectiveC2 ...
Making all for subproject ObjectiveC2...
 Compiling file runtime.c ...
 Compiling file blocks_runtime.m ...
 Compiling file properties.m ...
properties.m: In function ‘objc_getProperty’:
properties.m:54: warning: ‘result’ may be used uninitialized in this
function
 Compiling file sync.m ...
 Linking subproject ObjectiveC2 ...
Making all in Additions ...
Making all for subproject Additions...
 Compiling file GSObjCRuntime.m ...
 Compiling file GCObject.m ...
 Compiling file GCArray.m ...
 Compiling file GCDictionary.m ...
 Compiling file GSLock.m ...
 Compiling file GSMime.m ...
 Compiling file GSXML.m ...
 Compiling file GSFunctions.m ...
 Compiling file GSInsensitiveDictionary.m ...
 Compiling file NSArray+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSAttributedString+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSBundle+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSCalendarDate+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSData+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSDebug+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSError+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSFileHandle+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSLock+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSMutableString+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSNumber+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSObject+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSPropertyList+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSProcessInfo+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSStream+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSString+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSTask+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSThread+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file NSURL+GNUstepBase.m ...
 Compiling file Unicode.m ...
 Linking subproject Additions ...
Making all in subprojects of library libgnustep-base...
Making all for subproject ObjectiveC2...
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `internal-subproject-compile'.
Making all for subproject Additions...
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `internal-subproject-compile'.
Making all for subproject unix...
 Compiling file GSRunLoopCtxt.m ...
 Compiling file NSStream.m ...
 Linking subproject unix ...
Making all for library libgnustep-base...
 Compiling file GSLocale.m ...
 Compiling file preface.m ...
 Compiling file cifframe.m ...
 Compiling file GSArray.m ...
 Compiling file GSAttributedString.m ...
 Compiling file GSConcreteValue.m ...
 Compiling file GSCountedSet.m ...
 Compiling file GSDictionary.m ...
 Compiling file GSFormat.m ...
 Compiling file GSFTPURLHandle.m ...
 Compiling file GSHTTPAuthentication.m ...
 Compiling file GSHTTPURLHandle.m ...
GSHTTPURLHandle.m: In function ‘debugRead’:
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:248: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:249: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:250: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
GSHTTPURLHandle.m: In function ‘debugWrite’:
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:272: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:273: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
GSHTTPURLHandle.m:274: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
 Compiling file GSRunLoopWatcher.m ...
 Compiling file GSSet.m ...
 Compiling file GSSocketStream.m ...
 Compiling file GSStream.m ...
 Compiling file GSString.m ...
 Compiling file GSValue.m ...
 Compiling file NSAffineTransform.m ...
 Compiling file NSArchiver.m ...
 Compiling file NSArray.m ...
 Compiling file NSAssertionHandler.m ...
 Compiling file NSAttributedString.m ...
 Compiling file NSAutoreleasePool.m ...
 Compiling file NSBundle.m ...
 Compiling file NSCache.m ...
 Compiling file NSCachedURLResponse.m ...
 Compiling file NSCalendarDate.m ...
 Compiling file NSCallBacks.m ...
 Compiling file NSCharacterSet.m ...
 Compiling file NSClassDescription.m ...
 Compiling file NSCoder.m ...
 Compiling file NSCopyObject.m ...
 Compiling file NSCountedSet.m ...
 Compiling file NSConcreteHashTable.m ...
 Compiling file NSConcreteMapTable.m ...
 Compiling file NSConnection.m ...
 Compiling file NSData.m ...
 Compiling file NSDate.m ...
 Compiling file NSDateFormatter.m ...
 Compiling file NSDebug.m ...
 Compiling file NSDecimal.m ...
 Compiling file NSDecimalNumber.m ...
 Compiling file NSDictionary.m ...
 Compiling file NSDistantObject.m ...
 Compiling file NSDistributedLock.m ...
 Compiling file NSDistributedNotificationCenter.m ...
 Compiling file NSEnumerator.m ...
 Compiling file NSError.m ...
 Compiling file NSException.m ...
 Compiling file NSFileHandle.m ...
 Compiling file NSFileManager.m ...
NSFileManager.m: In function ‘-[NSFileManager
changeFileAttributes:atPath:]’:
NSFileManager.m:443: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared
with attribute warn_unused_result
 Compiling file NSFormatter.m ...
 Compiling file NSGarbageCollector.m ...
 Compiling file NSGeometry.m ...
 Compiling file NSHashTable.m ...
 Compiling file NSHost.m ...
 Compiling file NSHTTPCookie.m ...
 Compiling file NSHTTPCookieStorage.m ...
 Compiling file NSIndexPath.m ...
 Compiling file NSIndexSet.m ...
 Compiling file NSInvocation.m ...
 Compiling file NSKeyedArchiver.m ...
 Compiling file NSKeyedUnarchiver.m ...
 Compiling file NSKeyValueCoding.m ...
 Compiling file NSKeyValueObserving.m ...
 Compiling file NSLock.m ...
 Compiling file NSLog.m ...
 Compiling file NSMapTable.m ...
 Compiling file NSMethodSignature.m ...
 Compiling file NSNotification.m ...
 Compiling file NSNotificationCenter.m ...
 Compiling file NSNotificationQueue.m ...
 Compiling file NSNull.m ...
 Compiling file NSNumber.m ...
 Compiling file NSNumberFormatter.m ...
 Compiling file NSObjCRuntime.m ...
 Compiling file NSObject.m ...
 Compiling file NSObject+NSComparisonMethods.m ...
 Compiling file NSOperation.m ...
 Compiling file NSPage.m ...
 Compiling file NSPathUtilities.m ...
 Compiling file NSPipe.m ...
 Compiling file NSPointerArray.m ...
 Compiling file NSPointerFunctions.m ...
 Compiling file NSConcretePointerFunctions.m ...
 Compiling file NSPort.m ...
 Compiling file NSPortCoder.m ...
 Compiling file NSPortMessage.m ...
 Compiling file NSPortNameServer.m ...
 Compiling file NSPredicate.m ...
 Compiling file NSProcessInfo.m ...
 Compiling file NSPropertyList.m ...
 Compiling file NSProtocolChecker.m ...
 Compiling file NSProxy.m ...
 Compiling file NSRange.m ...
 Compiling file NSRunLoop.m ...
NSRunLoop.m: In function ‘-[NSRunLoop limitDateForMode:]’:
NSRunLoop.m:957: warning: ‘ei’ may be used uninitialized in this
function
 Compiling file NSScanner.m ...
 Compiling file NSSerializer.m ...
 Compiling file NSSet.m ...
 Compiling file NSSocketPort.m ...
 Compiling file NSSocketPortNameServer.m ...
 Compiling file NSSortDescriptor.m ...
 Compiling file NSSpellServer.m ...
 Compiling file NSString.m ...
 Compiling file NSTask.m ...
NSTask.m: In function ‘-[NSConcreteUnixTask launch]’:
NSTask.m:1595: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
 Compiling file NSThread.m ...
 Compiling file NSTimer.m ...
 Compiling file NSTimeZone.m ...
 Compiling file NSUnarchiver.m ...
 Compiling file NSUndoManager.m ...
 Compiling file NSURL.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLAuthenticationChallenge.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLCache.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLCredential.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLConnection.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLCredentialStorage.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLDownload.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLProtectionSpace.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLProtocol.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLRequest.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLResponse.m ...
 Compiling file NSURLHandle.m ...
 Compiling file NSUserDefaults.m ...
 Compiling file NSValue.m ...
 Compiling file NSValueTransformer.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLDocument.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLDTD.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLDTDNode.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLElement.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLNode.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLParser.m ...
 Compiling file NSZone.m ...
 Compiling file externs.m ...
 Compiling file objc-load.m ...
 Compiling file GSFileHandle.m ...
GSFileHandle.m: In function ‘-[GSFileHandle truncateFileAtOffset:]’:
GSFileHandle.m:1653: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ftruncate’,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
 Compiling file NSMessagePort.m ...
 Compiling file NSMessagePortNameServer.m ...
NSMessagePortNameServer.m: In function ‘+[NSMessagePortNameServer
_livePort:]’:
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:305: warning: ignoring return value of
‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:308: warning: ignoring return value of
‘fscanf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m: In function ‘-[NSMessagePortNameServer
portForName:onHost:]’:
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:406: warning: ignoring return value of
‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m: In function ‘-[NSMessagePortNameServer
registerPort:forName:]’:
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:459: warning: ignoring return value of
‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:460: warning: ignoring return value of
‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:462: warning: ignoring return value of
‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
NSMessagePortNameServer.m: In function ‘-[NSMessagePortNameServer
removePort:forName:]’:
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:553: warning: ignoring return value of
‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
 Compiling file GSFFIInvocation.m ...
 Linking library libgnustep-base ...
Making all in SSL ...
Making all for bundle SSL...
 Creating SSL.bundle/....
 Compiling file GSSSLHandle.m ...
 Linking bundle SSL ...
 Creating SSL.bundle/Resources...
 Creating stamp file...
 Creating SSL.bundle/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist...
Making all in Tools ...
Making all for tool autogsdoc...
 Compiling file autogsdoc.m ...
 Compiling file AGSParser.m ...
 Compiling file AGSOutput.m ...
 Compiling file AGSIndex.m ...
 Compiling file AGSHtml.m ...
 Linking tool autogsdoc ...
Making all for tool cvtenc...
 Compiling file cvtenc.m ...
 Linking tool cvtenc ...
Making all for tool gdnc...
 Compiling file gdnc.m ...
gdnc.m: In function ‘gdnc_log’:
gdnc.m:76: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdnc.m:77: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdnc.m:81: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdnc.m:82: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
 Linking tool gdnc ...
Making all for tool gspath...
 Compiling file gspath.m ...
 Linking tool gspath ...
Making all for tool defaults...
 Compiling file defaults.m ...
 Linking tool defaults ...
Making all for tool pl...
 Compiling file pl.m ...
 Linking tool pl ...
Making all for tool plmerge...
 Compiling file plmerge.m ...
 Linking tool plmerge ...
Making all for tool plparse...
 Compiling file plparse.m ...
 Linking tool plparse ...
Making all for tool sfparse...
 Compiling file sfparse.m ...
 Linking tool sfparse ...
Making all for tool pldes...
 Compiling file pldes.m ...
 Linking tool pldes ...
Making all for tool plget...
 Compiling file plget.m ...
 Linking tool plget ...
Making all for tool plser...
 Compiling file plser.m ...
 Linking tool plser ...
Making all for tool pl2link...
 Compiling file pl2link.m ...
 Linking tool pl2link ...
Making all for tool xmlparse...
 Compiling file xmlparse.m ...
xmlparse.m: In function ‘+[GSXMLParser(Loader) loadEntity:at:]’:
xmlparse.m:47: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
 Linking tool xmlparse ...
Making all for tool HTMLLinker...
 Compiling file HTMLLinker.m ...
 Linking tool HTMLLinker ...
Making all for ctool gdomap...
 Compiling file gdomap.c ...
gdomap.c: In function ‘gdomap_log’:
gdomap.c:302: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdomap.c:303: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdomap.c:307: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdomap.c:308: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdomap.c: In function ‘main’:
gdomap.c:4976: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
gdomap.c: In function ‘init_probe’:
gdomap.c:2070: warning: ‘high’ may be used uninitialized in this
function
gdomap.c:2071: warning: ‘low’ may be used uninitialized in this function
gdomap.c:2072: warning: ‘net’ may be used uninitialized in this function
 Linking ctool gdomap ...
Making all in make_strings ...
Making all for tool make_strings...
 Compiling file make_strings.m ...