Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:40:17 -0700

Hi folks,

Am 12.06.2010 um 15:52 schrieb Gregory Casamento:

> Win2k is not so common as you might think:
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> that data indicates that it's being used by about 0.4% of all users
> worldwide.

That is just from the logs of that single web site, right?
Anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_2000 says:

Over ten years after its release, it continues to receive patches for security
vulnerabilities nearly every month and will continue to do so until 13 July
2010.

Well apart from running some old software on VMs, I see no real value of
running W2k.
If our code is easier to maintain and future proof (if one can say so on
windows) we should just go with XP+
Private users will most probably run UNIX to run GNUstep and when it comes to
corporate users, I would fire anybody who uses a system that has no security
patches on a normal end users desktop.

From 2009 to 2010 the use of w2k has been gone down by 50%:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Firefox-Fast-40-Prozent-Marktanteil-in-Europa-969288.html

OS          March 2010  March  2009