Re: NSRunLoop Tidying

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: NSRunLoop Tidying
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 07:45:34 -0700

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Two aspects come to my mind that I think you have to consider:
>
> a) keep semantics of:
>
> -[NSRunLoop acceptInputForMode:beforeDate:]
> -[NSRunLoop limitDateForMode:]
>
> So I think you still need the sorted list of timers.

I don't think this is the case, if you no longer have to pass the
nearest timer as a timeout for the polling mechanism,
and the timerfd can be used to identify the timer

also, an implementation that would play nice with CFRunLoopObserver
for corebase?